Tuesday, October 30, 2007

FO

Finished the Hemlock Ring Blanket. I loved this project, although it got kinda boring toward the end. The pictures weren't as blurry on Flickr...






For those of you who are interested in these things, I used five (maybe six? I lost count) balls of Cascade Indulgence - an alpaca/angora blend that's extremely yummy, as long as you don't have to rip it too often. It's about four feet across, and it's destined to be a lap blanket for My Hero's grandmother, who turns 100 on November 18. She's spunky and spry, living on her own and active in her church.


Also, in yarny and bloggy news, I received my prize for bravest delurker from WoolGathering the other day - a fabulous...uh...stuff bag-type thingy for holding knitting notions - yarn needles, row counter, etc. And a tape measure that looks like a cake! And in case you're just joining us (insert irony here), this prize is the reason this blog exists; the big question is whether I'll be able to keep it up now that I'm not sloshed and waiting for my swag.

1 comment:

Julie McC. said...

Oh good! You got it. I believe the official name is "doodad bag." One of those sophisticated knitterly code words - like "frogging."