Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Letting Out the Dogs

Way back in the last decade (1999 maybe?), some group came out with some song, the key phrase of which was "Who let the dogs out?" followed by some rhythmic woofs. Obviously, a ten-year-old hip-hop song that I can't even be bothered to Google has lost something of its relevance, an observation highlighted by Michael quoting it in The Office sometime this season (I swear, I'm so lazy with the links it's pathetic). You know if the boss at Dunder-Mifflin is using it, it's way past its prime.

Then, I was driving to the grocery store the other day and saw it on a church sign as a sermon title. Imagine. What on earth can the Wellshire Presbyterian Church pastor be preaching on that s/he would title his sermon "Who Let the Dogs Out?" The only thing I could come up with was this passage. I'd give just about anything to know what the application would be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quite a cheerful passage, thank you very much. Almost as good as, "And the fat closed again voer the hilt of the sword." TBTG.
Annie =)

alpineflower said...

Mmm...Ehud...who says the Bible is boring?