Monday, October 15, 2007

Ugh

We have friends who say that God brings couples together and gifts them so that when they have children, one of them will be able to handle blood, and the other will be able to handle vomit. Unfortunately, this weekend our little family discovered that God overlooked us - neither My Hero nor I can handle vomit. The Doodle came down with the stomach flu on Friday night and both her parents just about lost their own cookies during the cleanup. I also have to admit that I was relieved to be leaving for a two-night retreat and didn't have to deal with her the rest of the time she was sick (I think I need to do some penance for that. Poor man!). When I came back, My Hero had come down with it. We're all better now, but quiet. I expect I'll come down with it sometime in the next week - there is little more dread-full than anticipating a GI virus.

The Doodle is still pretty clingy and whiny. This was her first experience with vomiting...tossing her cookies...feeding the fishes...(I had a youth pastor who collected these euphemisms - he was just a barrel of laughs, let me tell you).

In order to end on a positive note, I knitted a hat for my brother over the weekend! Nothing like sitting in a series of lectures to get things done.

1 comment:

Julie McC. said...

Well, it could be worse (I have three children and I know whereof I speak).