Friday, December 5, 2008

Acquisitions

So I just learned how to schedule posts to be published, and can now do a whole bunch of them in one sitting, instead of laboring over a gigantic one for a week and then dropping off the face of the planet for four months. Annie should be proud!

This summer I made a couple of purchases that I'm particularly pleased with. The first was my Mother's Day gift to myself: a refurbished KitchenAid 5 quart mixer! I bought it off Ebay - a first for me - and although I don't use it nearly as much as I wish I did, it's become very handy with all the bread-baking I'm doing using this book. Now I need to go buy more yeast...


I also succumbed to Ravelry and bought a couple of pint glasses from their store - one says "ripped" and one says "frogged", the idea being if you have to do either, you'll need a pint nearby. I found it appropriate that the glasses were packed in newspaper that had an article about beer.

No comments: