Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Chicks for the Chick

When we were in Illinois in October, my mom and brother and I took the Doodle to a farm to pick up some apples, and they also had a few animals you could check out. The Doodle thought the chickens were terrific:
Can you see it in her body language? Big smile on the other side of that head.
I'm glad she likes chickens, because I've been reading this guy's books. He's convincing me that if we only had a little yard, we could raise our own pasture-fed chickens. Someday...

1 comment:

Heather said...

Okay for some reason I can't see the photos...we have issues on our end, but I will keep trying.

Meanwhile I finally subscribed to your blog! Yay!

My sister really is going to keep chickens when she buys her first house. She is studying up on chicken anatomy, coop building and raising them. She has 3 boys to feed.